Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Call from "Windows"

Blog Entries
    We have the triple play plan from Comcast, which includes phone service. I really was ready to give up the land line and phone number we have had for 30 years, but it was cheaper to keep the phone than go with another of their bundles. Long story short, the other day we received 9 calls, 8 of them from 800 numbers, even though I am on the do not call list (a joke). So I yanked all of my wireless phones, 5 of them, and just kept the hard wired one in my shop and set the ringer to very low. Comcast offers a central answering machine which forwards the actual and transcribed voice message to email. So my message now says if you want to speak to either of us call our cell (not leaving any number) or leave a message and we will be notified by email. 90% of 800 calls won't leave a message and all of our friends know now to call our cells. So far, so good.
    NOW you tell me...

I just got a call from some guy with an Indian accent identifying himself as Frank and he was calling from some computer service place. I was looking forward to his call but I made the mistake of saying, "I bet you're going to tell me there's something wrong with my computer." He promptly hung up. Bummer! I wanted to have some fun at his expense.