Thread: bridgestone jointer??

bridgestone jointer??

Hey all, I ran across a deal for a 6" bridgestone jointer. I don't have a model number but was wondering if Bridgestone is a good name in machinery. I tried to do a search on bridgestone with limited success. Anyone have an opinion or some history of Bridgestone?

Could it be Bridgewood?

Paul is right. Bridgewood was quality stuff but stopped being imported about 5 years ago IIRC. Some of the machinery is akin to Grizzly, and some bandsaws are sought after since they are Italian made.
    I'd say go for it if the price is right.

If it's a Bridgewood it's a solid machine, I've got one. Along with 7 other Bridgewood machines.
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work

I just saw an ad for a Bridgestone. I think it may actually be a bridge wood.

Are you in PA by chance?

Tell the seller you have never heard of Bridgestone tools and it must be some rip off brand and offer him $50. ;-)

hey Guys
    Dan, yes I live in Chambersburg, I see you're from Mechanicsburg? I've been looking for a quality jointer for awhile. I currently have a craftsman but never really liked it. We'll see where this goes. My concern is if the surfaces are adjustable to fine tune to be co-planer. Thanks for the responses gentleman. I'll let you know how I make out.