Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Activated Carbon for Atmos (Trotec)

Hi David,

Thanks for your response, that is very informative and something I wouldn't have a clue about. I will look into the AGR or URC carbon and post back if I find it.

Tony, it's sorted for now as I purchased carbon from Trotec UK for the Atmos at a whopping £360 (US$576!!). I am on a mission to source a cheaper but effective alternative.
    Jit Patel
    London UK

30w Trotec Speedmarker CL (Galvo) with 400mm & 250mm lens
    80w Trotec Speedy 400 with Rotary, Vacuum Table, Cutting Lamellas, 2" & 1.5" lens, Pass through
    Oki Printing Press
    Abobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
    Vector Magic

A blow but we're finally having to buy some more ludicrously priced carbon from Trotec.
    I will put a bit of the clean carbon aside incase anyone knows of somewhere to send it for them to test it to see if they can match it at a reasonable price.
    Trotec Speedy 300 80W

Hey guys,

What was the consensus on the best type of activated carbon, size wise? I was wondering if the pellets were better for airflow for example (or maybe it's the other way around).

I worked with S02 (amongst other things) in the chemical industry a few years back and we had simple water scrubbers to remove noxious gases, might be worth looking into getting one of those made as a pre filter. The only running costs is a water spray, although I can't remember what you end up making as efluent , which might be an issue to put down a standard waste pipe.

dj