Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where's Dan?

I love that movie Paul! I worked in a very similar environment. So much of that was so dead on.

Frank, good to see you around!

Dan does understand that the time he took to tell you to tell us something, he could have shown up!

That's it, I'm TP'ing his house when he is out of the country.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Blog Entries
    I'm gone for a few days and I come back to my car up on cinder blocks, my house TP'ed, and my equipment handed out to the nearest bipedal form... rough house!

I'm leaving in 10 minutes for the inspection, so this is a very quick visit (need to find time to look at all of the threads I've missed).

I have a multi-week cruise coming up, I'll be closing on a new home (read, bigger workshop!) in mid-November, and I'm still trying to fix this place up so we can get it on the market come Spring. Oh, and let's not forget the regular 8-to-5 stuff (or is it more like 6-9 these days )

It's nice to be missed, though :-D
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    I'll be closing on a new home (read, bigger workshop!) in mid-November...

After the palaver getting that 300 INTO the present 'workshop', I can' wait for the next instalment.....getting it out

Seems quite a few of us were wondering about you Dan.
    Hope you enjoy your travels.
    best regards, John
    60w EFI 6090 & 100w Z4 Reci 6090 G Weike Lasers, 4 X 4 CNC Router
    CLTT using Oki C822dn & Adkins Press
    Glass Sandblasting, Woodwork Shop, etc...
    V Carve Pro v8 & Photo V Carve, Lasercut 5.3, Corel Draw 2017 on Windows 7 and iMac (via Parallels), etc

Blog Entries
    Dan!

Are you taking the Speedy on the cruise? What a great way to make up all the laser cut postcards you will be sending to us!!!! <grin>

Have a great time!
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

This is worse than being absent from a corporate meeting. If you aren't there, you can't defend yourself!

Once at a dinner following a meeting and a few beverages, I went to the restroom. When I returned, I found everybody had left me with the tabs.........
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

... and my equipment handed out to the nearest bipedal form... rough house!
    Ha! I'll take that as a compliment!

I have a multi-week cruise coming up, I'll be closing on a new home (read, bigger workshop!) in mid-November, and I'm still trying to fix this place up so we can get it on the market come Spring. Oh, and let's not forget the regular 8-to-5 stuff (or is it more like 6-9 these days )

Nice cover story, you're not fooling me though, it's back to the top secret government research facility I'm sure! Have a nice "vacation"!
    We do really appreciate all the valuable input people like you bring to this forum so "average Joes" like me can learn and get "edjamacated"!
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bion View Post
    After the palaver getting that 300 INTO the present 'workshop', I can' wait for the next instalment.....getting it out
    I'm having riggers come in and move it all this time around. I doubt I could convince one more neighbor/friend to help.

Don't be silly Dan, we're your friends too. We'll move all your toys. Just leave us the key, address, and alarm code and when you are enjoying your vacation, we'll get it all moved for you

(anyone want to buy a Speedy 300? Lathes? Saws?....errr......I mean help move Dan's stuff? )
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Don't be silly Dan, we're your friends too. We'll move all your toys. Just leave us the key, address, and alarm code and when you are enjoying your vacation, we'll get it all moved for you

(anyone want to buy a Speedy 300? Lathes? Saws?....errr......I mean help move Dan's stuff? )
    No problem... as long as you don't mind moving it all under the watchful eye of multiple black SUVs filled with gun-toting government agents

No problem... as long as you don't mind moving it all under the watchful eye of multiple black SUVs filled with gun-toting government agents
    They can't keep a guy from jumping the fence and walking into the White House, so I'm not too worried about them

just dangle a couple hookers in front of the SUVs

This just lends credence to a previous theory as to where you are Dan...........Dave S isn’t on the same “cruise" is he?
    60w EFI 6090 & 100w Z4 Reci 6090 G Weike Lasers, 4 X 4 CNC Router
    CLTT using Oki C822dn & Adkins Press
    Glass Sandblasting, Woodwork Shop, etc...
    V Carve Pro v8 & Photo V Carve, Lasercut 5.3, Corel Draw 2017 on Windows 7 and iMac (via Parallels), etc

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    They can't keep a guy from jumping the fence and walking into the White House, so I'm not too worried about them
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    just dangle a couple hookers in front of the SUVs
    Sad... but true, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bion View Post
    This just lends credence to a previous theory as to where you are Dan...........Dave S isn’t on the same “cruise" is he?
    Not as far as you're aware, John...

Dan, they just said lunch is late this evening, and can we get our ID cards updated
    You did what !

"Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I’m working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I’d say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work."

Definitely one of my favorite movies! Working most of my career in a cubicle farm makes one really appreciate Office Space and all of it's humor and nuances.
    Thanks,

Mike DeRegnaucourt

Axiom AR8 Pro CNC, 60-Watt Epilog Legend 36EXT, Prusa MK3 3D Printer, SE-DC16, Powermatic Bandsaw, JET Lathe, Craftsman Lathe, Rigid Drill Press, Excalibur Scroll Saw, Craftsman Tablesaw, Delta Dust Collector, JET Air Filtration, Craftsman Planer, Old Craftsman Jointer, JessEm Router Table with Porter Cable 7518 Router, etc...

Aspire v9.5, CorelDraw 2021, Corel Video Studio 2019, ShaderMap Pro, GIMP, Mesh Mixer, Fusion 360, Sculptris, Google Sketchup, etc...