Thread: Braille Balls

Braille Balls

I'm still working on getting the translator software going and I've contacted the Corian company about material but, in the mean time, where is the best place to purchase the braille balls?
    Thanks

Oddly enough, http://brailleballs.com
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I get them from McMaster-Carr.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Thanks!
    What about a little bit to drill the holes? I'm using a Porter Cable 3.25 hp router mounted on a Shopbot CNC.
    Wayne Webb
    Webb Signworks
    Chipley, FL

Aspire 9.5
    Sign Wizard 6.0
    CorelDraw 2018 Suite
    DevFoam Pro
    Mach3
    Shopbot Router 4x8
    Ioline 24'' Plotter
    Mimaki 51'' Plotter
    Home-Built 10x7x4 CNC Hotwire Cutter
    Various Metalworking and Woodworking Machines

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Webb View Post
    Thanks!
    What about a little bit to drill the holes? I'm using a Porter Cable 3.25 hp router mounted on a Shopbot CNC.
    We get the bits from the same place we buy the balls. You might have an issue with what you are trying to do. You need to check the runout in the spindle on the porter cable router. If you have a lot of run out, it's going to drill an oversize hole and the balls will fall in and out. Just something to be aware of before you get too deep into it. It might be just fine, but it's something to lookout for.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Yeah, I'm concerned about that. The rep from the ball company said they would send me some samples to try with the bit/s to see how it goes.
    Thanks Scott!
    Wayne Webb
    Webb Signworks
    Chipley, FL

Aspire 9.5
    Sign Wizard 6.0
    CorelDraw 2018 Suite
    DevFoam Pro
    Mach3
    Shopbot Router 4x8
    Ioline 24'' Plotter
    Mimaki 51'' Plotter

Or....maybe this would be a great excuse to acquire another toy....like an engraver...
    Wayne Webb
    Webb Signworks
    Chipley, FL

Aspire 9.5
    Sign Wizard 6.0
    CorelDraw 2018 Suite
    DevFoam Pro
    Mach3
    Shopbot Router 4x8
    Ioline 24'' Plotter
    Mimaki 51'' Plotter

Wayne, if you are going to do it in any serious volume you will need an engraver and a Braille Raster pen from Accent Signage Systems. The pen is expensive but well worth it if you do Braille all day long like my shop, I can easily do 100 beads in 60 seconds!
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.