Thread: Low volume of postings lately?

Low volume of postings lately?

Is it just me? It seems like the Creek's been running a little low lately. Fewer posts than usual. Less chatter than usual.

Wonder what's going on?

Fred

Woodworking...

...LOL
    Sometimes decisions from the heart are better than decisions from the brain.

Enjoy Life...

I completely agree. I hope it picks up as the weather gets colder and folks spend less time outside and more time in the shop. (Mind you, that's the only reason I want the weather to get colder!).

I've had to *gasp* visit a couple other websites it's been so slow!

If you wait every few days to visit then it feels like normal volume. Enjoy the weather. We caught 60 crappie this weekend and I never once thought of the Creek.
    -Lud

Its the calm before the storm guys.

Everyone is working on projects right now and the volume of posts will go through the roof shortly. Some are working like crazy on Christmas presents that they will be sharing with us as well.

Meanwhile our traffic is still at a very high level with 40 to 60 thousand people visiting every day, in fact we have had an incredible year without any dip in site visits even thorough the Summer months. I lost almost 5 months this year on the injured list and my shop schedule is crazy while I am trying to catch up....my honey do list is also to long to get the things done that need to get completed before the cold weather arrives.

There's too much to do in the fall and the weather is too nice then. Once it gets cold for real, I'd imagine it will pick back up. The lull seems to be across all forums.

Blog Entries
    Or, maybe every possible question and great idea about woodworking has now been asked and answered, so now this site will become a read only knowledge base.

Or, maybe not.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Perhaps we've run out of things to say....... Now, back to the shop.

I delight in being able to drop by and see some of the ongoing projects.

Better still, to see the completed work by our more intrepid contributors.
    Fall is my busiest Season, getting kids to school and getting ready for Winter
    (such as it is, uppa heya).

Some of us are lucky to check in at the beginning and end of our day's duty.

Sometimes it's better to just sit back and learn from the more skilled woodworkers here. I have said some things in my ignorance and gotten chopped pretty good for it, and deservedly so. I have learned so much from you folks and really appreciate what you are about. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
    You never get the answer if you don't ask the question.

Joe

At the only other woodworking forum I visit, a similar question was asked by the staff there. I agree with Keith. People are busy for one reason or another. I just finished painting my house, I have an unfinished outfeed table for my table saw sitting on my assembly bench and just came up with an idea for some shop made Christmas gifts.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Yeah, that all makes sense. Thanks guys.
    Look forward to seeing the next batch of projects!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    Or, maybe every possible question and great idea about woodworking has now been asked and answered, so now this site will become a read only knowledge base.

Or, maybe not.
    Coffee on the monitor
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler