Thread: Laser tube issues

Laser tube issues

Has anyone ever had a situation where their tube is firing but it's only coming through the laser head in spots?? I had a job going this evening and the laser was working fine. Then I noticed it's only marking on the outside edges and not in the middle. It would be real bright on the outside edge then fade out completely. The tube it lighting up the whole time though. It's after hours for the tech line but I am dead in the water for the weekend if this persists!! I have noticed I'm having to adjust settings I have previously used as it seems like the laser is losing power. I did a few small circles this evening after all my problems and the outside edge of the circle, like 1/16" is deeper than the rest of it. Like the power isn't consistent throughout. I'm trying to upload pics to show what I mean but my computer isn't cooperating.

CorelDraw Graphic suite X7
    Engravelab V9
    Boss LS-1630 60w laser
    Attached Images Attached Images

from the way your describing it I'm not certain what you mean could there be some debris at the end of the tube maybe, or on the mirrors or the lens itself. just thinkin out loud
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Lot of possible causes from heat/dying tube/air bubble/cracked lens/cracked mirror/loose trigger wire to name but a few, will need a lot more information (and pics)

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

Mirror alignment but first check for dirt / crud build up on lens and mirrors before adjusting anything or something loose in the mirror / lens train. Keep it simple.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

The written description sounds like the beam is donut shaped (tube failing) but the picture provided looks like it is an issue with the file or software.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Test the beam as it exits the tube to eliminate crud on the optics. Once you isolate where the problem is, it's easier to figure out.
    Bruce Clumpner
    Brandon Services Laser Engraving
    Academy Commemoratives - Personalized Memorabilia for the U.S. Service Academies
    Irvine, CA
    -
    Epilog 75-watt Helix, 40-watt 18-Mini
    Started with Corel Draw V1 now feeling the pain of CorelDraw x7
    CS4 photoshop
    CS4 illustrator
    PhotoGrav

Well its been 3 days Jodi hasn't checked back in to answer our questions So the problem must be solved
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander