Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gweike Laser Spares

Gweike Laser Spares

Hello All,

After reading most everything on Chinese lasers a dozen times were ready to send deposit to Weike for their 1390 machine with 100W RECI laser and chiller. We've added several spares to the mix. Was wondering if there is anything else we should consider other than these spares:

1. Reci Z4 100W Laser tube
    2. 3 reflecting mirrors
    3. 2 focus lens
    4. Dongle for software

Anything else??

Also, how in the world can they ship from China to East Coast, USA for $150? That's amazing.. Or shocking.. Or something.

If there is a better way to go than this please let me know.

I've been happy with sales support so far. Hopefully it will continue after deposit. Even at 50% of this service level I would be happy.

I'm also wondering if anyone swapped out the Leetro DSP for a Light Object DSP?
    Last edited by Tony Pascone; 10-20-2014 at 3:02 PM.

Never Mind..

Guys,

A bit more reading and I found a few more folks with good spares lists.

I added a stepper and two belts to the order along with the other spares..

Still curious about the $150 shipping though..

Thanks for taking the time.

Moved from CNC forum.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

The $150 may be the cost from the factory to the boat. My cowbell customer pays $1200 for shipping an order of bells (which is usually about 2 tons worth) just from factory in Norway to the shipyard which IIRC is less than 100 miles away.

Or not- My Triumph's shipping cost was $500-something, which covered the boat ride and trucking to my door (or holding facility in my case)

However, the TOTAL shipping bill came to around $1700 after customs, duties and broker fees. My machine is also a 1390, came in at 1113 pounds in a 4 cubic yard crate, which is the size of a small dumpster.

--and that's what I call it: "The Dumpster".
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 10-21-2014 at 10:31 AM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Yeah what Kev said. In short you need to find your own customs agent.
    Shenhui G460 80W RECI
    LIAOCHENG RAY FINE RF-6040-90W RECI
    Corel X5 Technical Suite, Windows 7

Chinese shipping is state subsidised.

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

I paid $200 FOB from Shenhui factory to Suva (Fiji). And then, of course, about $1200 for duty, VAT, and the last 30 miles of shipping (via ferry to the island I'm on).
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Yeah, seems like grand total for shipping on my G.Weike 1290 was $1500-$1700, some of which was liftgate service to my door, but most of which was duties/taxes/othermadeupshippingfees.

For the record, almost 2 years on my machine now and nary a failure (knock on wood!!).
    All Angles Design
    G.Weike LC1290
    80W & 120W RECI Tubes
    Rotary Attachment

I couldn't get liftgate service, too big for the liftgate. Which is why it went to storage till I got it...

triuhaul.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    I couldn't get liftgate service, too big for the liftgate. Which is why it went to storage till I got it...

triuhaul.jpg
    By rights, my crate was too big for the liftgate as well. I used the bucket of my tractor to keep it from tipping off the back of the truck. Driver didn't seem to care one bit, but that was about as nervous as I can remember being in my adult life watching my $8k investment teeter 4 feet above my driveway!
    All Angles Design
    G.Weike LC1290
    80W & 120W RECI Tubes
    Rotary Attachment

You may want to think twice about stocking a spare tube. At best, it may well be out of warranty before you need to use it. At worst, it may be dead before you need to use it. You should be able to locate a source for the Reci tube here in the States. Also, a spare dongle is something that you may never need and should be available to source here in the US fairly fast
    Pete James
    Awardmasters
    40W G Weike

find out if you need the dongle for the software on mine I don't have one

Ditch the supplied extractor - you'll replace it anyway. Noisy and bordering on a liability. Same with the air pump.

Get the shipping tracker website bookmarked as it's a "long" wait.

14. Hi guys
    does anybody know the code for reflecting mirrors on g weike 1390?..........need to order new set of mirrors but nowhere in their manual can i find a reference to which mirror is required.....wanting to order via e-bay
    regards
    ian thomson

Any

Mo 25mm diameter 3mm thick
    You did what !