Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12 or 18 volt compact impact drill

Blog Entries
    I have a 4 year old set of 18v Li-ion PC drill/impact driver with the small batteries. With the included 1.5 ah battery it is light compared to my old 14.4 v DeWalt XRP or my son's old Milwaukee 18V drill. Even with the bigger 4.0 ah battery, which he got me for my birthday, they are very easy to use. I just bought him a 20v PC drill/impact driver set for $148 delivered (Amazon prime) for his birthday. http://www.amazon.com/PORTER-CABLE-P.../dp/B00CM7Z2KW Granted they are not the quality of the new Milwaukee Fuel series, but they are half the price.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 10-25-2014 at 10:41 PM.
    NOW you tell me...

I have Bosch, Makita, and Dewalt drills, they are all good drills, the Bosch is kindof light weight compared to the others, Dewalt have good power. The batteries are all shot for the Makita, bought some ebay batteries which started out good, but not so great now, I usually just buy new drill sets as if you catch them on sale, it is cheaper than replacing your batteries. The Makita drills are great, just the batteries wear out. I still have a couple of the old stick battery Makitas, just moved on because of cost of batteries, the drills are still good. Menards had a 18v Hitachi for 99$ this week, lith ion, and 2 batteries or a set of drill impact driver for 149, if I were in need, would have picked some up. Thing is I have the set of Dewalt with the sawzall and skilsaw, battery powered, so would like to keep batteries for those that work, rather than buy that big set again. The Dewalt sawzall and circular saw are very good.

When I started looking a 12 volt impact drivers I found the handle grip to fat (do to battery being in the grip) and went with the 18 volt because they fit my hand much better. No regrets.

I got the Milwaukee 18 volt fuel with brushless motor. Again no regrets.
    Rich
    ALASKANS FOR GLOBAL WARMING

Eagle River Alaska