Thread: Planning the lingerie chest II

Blog Entries
    Glad to see you are on the mend!
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Thanks Brian

Regards from Perth

Derek

Hello Derek,

Also glad to hear you're on the mend, had missed the post about your injury. Enjoy the holidays and I will look forward to the commencement of the project in wood.

Cheers,
    C
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

Thanks Chris.

My best wishes to you and all of SMC for the festive season.

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    I like the updated lines/curve and taper from top to bottom. The proportions are very nice!
    Of all fo the things lacking in the woodworking world, a sense of proportion is the most often lacking. This piece is fabulous in its lines, and I cannot wait to see the finished project. My 13 year old daughter could use something like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    Sorry to hear. I have been silently watching the progress and look forward to your talent being once again highlighted in your work. I once slipped with a chisel and stabbed my wrist (yes, improper form was to blame- never cut towards a body part). My wife was working ICU that day, so the ER nurse called her and said, "we have your husband here," to which she replied, "what did he do now?"
    I just now saw this post. A few years back I sliced my wrist with a very sharp Berg chisel (didn't even hurt) and had to go to the ER. The ER nurse didn't know surgical sterile technique but my wife is a former surgical scrub nurse and the doc replaced the ER nurse with my wife. They turned my wrist into an anatomy lesson, pointing out this and that and going into great detail how I'd managed to miss everything important like nerves, tendons and arteries.

The lesson? As Steve LaMantia pointed out on rec.ww a long time ago, make sure you know where your tool is going when it slips. Also, make sure your wife is a good nurse.