I acquired a 1983 Powermatic PM95 Scroll Saw recently and have begun restoration. I have posted at OWWM, but I know there are some folks here who have restored these PM 95's, so I thought I would ask some questions here too.

1. I need the upper quill/plunger assembly and quill assembly tightening screw. I found one on the big auction site for way too much. Anyone know a source or have one laying around?
  2. How much play should there be in the lower bearings? None would be best of course. I can just barely feel some play when I move the lower plunger back and forth with my fingers.
  3. I am trying to get the serial/badge plates off. The drive screws are made of a very tough metal - I tried drilling them out, but my dill bits didn't even make a dent. I tried a center punch in order to get the drill bit started, bit it didn't make a dent either. I'm sure I could grind them, but I would certainly damage the plate.
  4. What type of oil do you fill the reservoir with?
  5. What grease do you grease the lower bushings and slide with? The stuff that came out was a little dry but it was a creamy color.
  6. Would you have the mating surfaces machined like you do when you rebuild a car engine, or just slap it all back together?
  7. Recommendations on paint type? I've painted cars, so I am leaning toward automotive finishes...

That's all for now. I know I'll have more questions later!

Thank you,

Jon

IMG653.jpg

IMG_20141020_224409_904.jpg

IMG_20141020_215136_158.jpg

IMG_20141019_211805_176.jpg