Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: corel ?

one thing I do a lot is set my "jog" distance to something outside my work range- f'rinstance, if I'm working on a 10" wide thing, I'll set the jog at 12". Everything I select is then a one-arrow-button push to 12" away. When I lay out my operator panels, I have blind stud holes, regular holes, text engraving, graphic engraving, and vectored outline engraving. I select and group all of each entity, and then just slide it sideways with one click. Then it's separated and out of the way for the next entity to group. Then I'll move that group 2 clicks, the next group 3 clicks, etc. When I'm done, my screen shows all items separated, side by side, and each group can be moved by one mouse click and a push or two of the arrow buttons.

I guess most people use different pages and layers, I've never learned how to do that. As long as I can slide stuff sideways indefinitely, I don't need to!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Here's one of my layouts- everything separated. Vector outlines and plate border is in "home" position, blind stud hole layout is to the left, text is to the right, and thru-holes to the right of the text...

I can move everything back to it's place with 3 mouse clicks and 4 arrow buttons pushes...

"Nudge" is Corel's name for "jog", and in the tools menu, you can enter a multiple "super nudge" factor (press shift+arrow) or a fraction "micro/nudge" factor (ctrl+arrow)

That's how I move stuff about in Corel, it's all exact, and easy.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Kev,
    Thank you for taking the trouble to post this simple method, that could be useful.
    Kind Regards, John
    60w EFI 6090 & 100w Z4 Reci 6090 G Weike Lasers, 4 X 4 CNC Router
    CLTT using Oki C822dn & Adkins Press
    Glass Sandblasting, Woodwork Shop, etc...
    V Carve Pro v8 & Photo V Carve, Lasercut 5.3, Corel Draw 2017 on Windows 7 and iMac (via Parallels), etc

Bert
    Here is your file that was converted to a 1 bit black pic, then line traced, added black outline, changed fill to yellow to see what it looked like. It is now a vector file. I hope that this helps
    Chuck
    Welcome.cdr

Thanx Chuck I'll give this one a try also
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Vezzetti View Post
    Bert
    Here is your file that was converted to a 1 bit black pic, then line traced, added black outline, changed fill to yellow to see what it looked like. It is now a vector file. I hope that this helps
    Chuck
    Welcome.cdr
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander