Thread: Powermatic 2000 Cabinet Saw

Powermatic 2000 Cabinet Saw

Dose anyone know the paint code for the yellow/gold Powermatic paint???
    A word of caution ..... do not stand 6 foot pipe clamps on end near your table saw. They may fall a chip the front rail paint.
    Don't ask how I know this.
    Thanks for your help.

I thought that Powermatic sold touch-up paint, it is probably worth giving them a call or dropping them an email.

Also, check-out this thread, which contains a link.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...wermatic-paint

I thought that Powermatic changed their paint colors over the years, but I think that the 2000 is new enough that it falls into the Mustard Yellow category (they released tools with at least three different versions of yellow or gold... I think).

Is there a small piece from the saw that you can color-match?

I looked for paint chips but could not find any . I'll try the link you sent but I was told that I could get a matching paint if I had the color code.
    Thanks for the the link.
    Ed

I thought that there was a dust door that you could remove to take in for a color-match scan...

I'm terribly sorry that you dinged your new '2000... NOT!!!!!. I am GREEN with envy. Wish I had one. I'd settle for the 66-saw I was once offered, but we were living in an apartment at the time, and had no place to put it, even if I had had the $$$.

At any rate: how is the 2000? Tell us all about it...

Love this saw. Initially I had some problems with the staring capacitor. It was repaired under warranty and runs like a Swiss watch. It takes up a lot of space in my garage shop ( with the extra long right side table) and from time to time I have thought of selling it but when I use I change my mind. The crank down wheels are a nice feature that allow me to easily move it but the reduction gear requires a lot of cranking to get the wheels down and back up.

Touch-up paint on a dinged shop tool/machine.

Huh.

Well, I am about 14 years behind the curve on yet another topic.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Now is the winter of our discontent
    Made glorious summer by this sun of York;
    And all the clouds that lour'd upon our house
    In the deep bosom of the ocean buried.

...are we, perchance, related???

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Oleen View Post
    Now is the winter of our discontent
    Made glorious summer by this sun of York;
    And all the clouds that lour'd upon our house
    In the deep bosom of the ocean buried.

...are we, perchance, related???
    Nope. You lost the War of the Roses. I won. While we are both descendants of the Plantagenets, you are The White Rose of York, and I am The Red Rose of Lancaster.

Not to mention, Richard III, they just dug you up from under a parking lot. Pretty ignominious resting place, I should think.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.