Thread: In case you missed it

Blog Entries

In case you missed it

Here are some photos I took of the partial eclipse at sunset tonight. We started watching about 5:50 and stopped when the sun went behind the trees west of us. You can see the tree in the final photo. There are also three sunspots that were visible. I used a binocular to project the sun image onto a piece of white paper. We were holding the paper and binocular by hand so the images are distorted a bit instead of perfectly round. The images are upside down.
    IMG_8678-sm.jpg
    IMG_8686- sm.jpg
    IMG_8687-sm.jpg
    IMG_8690-sm.jpg
    IMG_8698-sm.jpg
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thank you....I wanted to see it but there were too many cloulds

I did the same when Venus passed in front of the sun in 2012. Pretty cool seeing that.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

We were planning to head out to Lake Michigan to see it but about 5:30 the clouds rolled in and cancelled that!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Damm View Post
    We were planning to head out to Lake Michigan to see it but about 5:30 the clouds rolled in and cancelled that!
    That would have been an awesome sight.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Blog Entries
    We poked a pin hole in a piece of tin foil and projected it on a white wall.

I impressed my wife by knowing that a lunar eclipse is almost always accompanied by a solar eclipse. The lunar eclipse was two weeks ago.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)