Thread: Fan in the wall?

Fan in the wall?

How many of you guys have a fan installed in your shop for venting out overspray ? I spray alot of kitchen doors (waterborne lacquer), but sometimes I have to use regular lacquer
    I was thinking of placing it in the wall were i spray.
    Is this a good Ideal?

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy Thibault
    How many of you guys have a fan installed in your shop for venting out overspray ? I spray alot of kitchen doors (waterborne lacquer), but sometimes I have to use regular lacquer
    I was thinking of placing it in the wall were i spray.
    Is this a good Ideal?
    Kinda depends on what's on the other side of that wall. If the answer is "California", I'd just as soon you didn't.

I live way up in canada

I have a 18" fan with shutters in the wall in my 16x16 spray room. Works real well.

I should put one in..

lou

Don't be like a friend of mine. After spraying his daugther's toy box a bright red, he went out and noticed his neighbor's nice pink house. Then it dawned on him it earlier that day the house had white aluminum siding. Needless to say he was instantly sick. Luckly it washed off, the overspray had dried before it got to the house and all it really was dust. He then built a rather intricate filter system to prevent future occurances.

Interesting side bar before he installed the filter he noticed the lid of the toy box needed another coat. So he shot it again but didn't use the fan for obvious reasons. Everything turned out okay and he cleaned up. Went up stairs to be with the family when he noticed the white tile landing at the top of stairs was now pink. He wasn't so luck on this as he was on the house. The overspray that got sucked up stairs by the air conditioning wasn't quite dry when it hit the tile. He didn't say a word got some mineral spirits and had everything clean and no one was the wiser.

Like I said he built a really nice filter system to catch on future overspray.
    Ed

Ventilation for "regular" lacquer needs to be special equipment for safety...if you can stick to the waterbourne product(s), you'll greatly ease the situation, especially for your pocketbook.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...