Thread: Keith Outten

Keith Outten

So there I am at work at the Norfolk, Va. Woodcraft when I hear someone mention Sawmill Creek. I often recommend the Creek to customers and other woodworkers.

Well the person mentioning Sawmill Creek turns out to be none other than Kieth Outten. I just want to say that it was a pleasure meeting Keith. You can tell that he is a lot of why this forum is run so well.

I guess I should take a moment to also thank the moderators who do such a great job keeping the forums civil. If you've looked at some of the other forums out there you know what I mean.

Anyhow, nice meeting you Keith and of course you can count on my continued support of Sawmill Creek!

Richard Dooling
    RD

I was turned off of the forums for the most part and had nothing to do with them. I find this forum, how it is structured without a lot of screaming advertisements - ok there are a few forums running totally free of advertising, (please no lessons in the economics of it all), but that Forestry Forum is just over the top, at least last time I saw it. This forum does provide a good setting without the distractions which I think, not incidentally, has an influence on the level of discourse that goes on here as well. So my compliments to Keith Outten if he's the one responsible.

Ernest Dubois

Great forum! Well moderated. Friendly, knowledgable members. Very little of the self important egomania that drove me away from another site. I think SMC has done a great job of continuing the Badger Pond legacy, and Keith gets much (most?) Of the credit for that.

Thank you (all)!
    Fred

Quote Originally Posted by ernest dubois View Post
    I was turned off of the forums for the most part and had nothing to do with them. I find this forum, how it is structured without a lot of screaming advertisements - ok there are a few forums running totally free of advertising, (please no lessons in the economics of it all), but that Forestry Forum is just over the top, at least last time I saw it. This forum does provide a good setting without the distractions which I think, not incidentally, has an influence on the level of discourse that goes on here as well. So my compliments to Keith Outten if he's the one re

Ernest Dubois
    A very small annual donation will remove all advertising from this forum. It will also gain you access to otherwise locked threads. Check it out. It is well worth supporting.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by David Helm View Post
    A very small annual donation will remove all advertising from this forum. It will also gain you access to otherwise locked threads. Check it out. It is well worth supporting.
    Absolutely - about half the cost of an annual magazine subscription and to me, more useful.

This forum has changed my life. I hate to sound dramatic about that, but I could never have learned or progressed in this craft were it not for this forum. The moderators and members here are inspirational, encouraging, and generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    The moderators and members here are inspirational, encouraging, and generous.
    So true. Twice I have made arrangements to purchase something on the classifieds and have shown up only to be told take the item at no cost. One member even threw in additional items. One of the best communities I've ever participated in. This year I paid more than the basic $6. Next year I intend to up it more. Well worth as much as I can afford to donate.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Dooling View Post
    So there I am at work at the Norfolk, Va. Woodcraft when I hear someone mention Sawmill Creek. I often recommend the Creek to customers and other woodworkers.

Well the person mentioning Sawmill Creek turns out to be none other than Kieth Outten. I just want to say that it was a pleasure meeting Keith. You can tell that he is a lot of why this forum is run so well.

I guess I should take a moment to also thank the moderators who do such a great job keeping the forums civil. If you've looked at some of the other forums out there you know what I mean.

Anyhow, nice meeting you Keith and of course you can count on my continued support of Sawmill Creek!

Richard Dooling
    Richard,

It was nice meeting you in the Norfolk WoodCraft Store the other day. Its always a pleasure to trade woodworking stories and comments about the industry and when the subject turns toward SawMill Creek I'm always pleased to hear that people enjoy being associated with this Community. Our success is based on a love for woodworking and that we stay focused on what we all enjoy. Our Staff here are all Members of this Community first, they were all asked to become Moderators by their peers here and I think that is a principle reason why the atmosphere here remains so friendly.

I'm blushing!!! Good stuff to hear!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.