Thread: Duplexing paper to wood for laser.

Duplexing paper to wood for laser.

So I've got a project I'm working on, where I want to duplex (glue) cotton paper to wood. On the cotton paper side, I'll be doing a letterpress print, and on the wood side, cutting a logo to show the paper on the other side. My question is this, do any of you have any experience with duplexing paper to wood? I want it to be a firm card, so I'm apprehensive about using veneer, but I think the paper backed veneer will adhere to cotton paper with your standard PVA glue.

Thoughts?

Here's the desired look: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqor9o6syz...38.00.png?dl=0

Thanks!
    Epilog Helix 24 - 50w
    Kern HSE 50x100 - 400w (rated at 479w!)

I'd suggest a hotpress method where you place a thin film of douple sided glue between the materials. Then with the assist of pressure and heat you can bond the materials together very tightly. I've thought of trying this out myself but still the process seems a bit too painstaking to fulfill, even though I have all the machines and materials for this kind of job.
    Henri Sallinen
    Cardboard designer with a Epilog Helix 24 60w + Gunnar Matboard Cutter + Heidelberg Windmill letterpress

I believe I would experiment with rubber cement on each surface.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I've adhered wood to paper using either red tape or wood glue. Both hold just fine.
    Epilog Helix 45 watt
    Wacom Tablet
    Corel X7 Subscription
    Mac Book Pro running Windows via VMware Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Geitz View Post
    I've adhered wood to paper using either red tape or wood glue. Both hold just fine.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll give wood glue a try as well.

We actually got it to work pretty nicely with 2play walnut veneer and some watered down pot devin PVA. Looks great.
    Epilog Helix 24 - 50w
    Kern HSE 50x100 - 400w (rated at 479w!)