Thread: Baileigh IJ-883P 8" jointer reviews?

Baileigh IJ-883P 8" jointer reviews?

I have been looking at a Baileigh 8" parallelogram jointer with a helical head. I've seen reviews of their Jointer/Planer combo's but not of this model in particular. Just talked to James today, their sales rep, and was extremely helpful but due diligence pays off. My main areas of concern are accuracy, tolerance maintenance (table co-planer and table grind), and quality/reliability. Yes, I know that it's basically the same machine as the Laguna, Powermatic, and Grizzly...give or take a horsepower or other details. If you have any real world experience with this machine please let me know yeah or neigh and why or why not.
    thanks as always guys!

Here is a comment on my Baileigh pl1340e metal lathe. It is almost like a Gizz lathe but has nicer handles, better finish, better manual, more accessories, and included a dro which is pricey for a metal lathe ad the scales were per installed. It costs more but man it is nice for cheap Chinese machine money vs a costly us machine. For what I do I love it. Best of luck with your decision.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I can't really help you with the jointer but I can say I have been extremely happy with my Baileigh JP-1250. I haven't had a single problem with it yet. Baileigh was great to work with and the shipping was excellent. Packaging was good and it arrived in great condition. I don't think you could go wrong with the Baileigh.
    Earl

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    Here is a comment on my Baileigh pl1340e metal lathe. It is almost like a Gizz lathe but has nicer handles, better finish, better manual, more accessories, and included a dro which is pricey for a metal lathe ad the scales were per installed. It costs more but man it is nice for cheap Chinese machine money vs a costly us machine. For what I do I love it. Best of luck with your decision.
    Thanks Mike! The one reason I am even looking at them is the fact I know they make world class metal machines and I would think it's not to much of a stretch for them to but their name and reputation behind a wood milling machine. Any other start-up would take a lot more convincing for me

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Rumans View Post
    I can't really help you with the jointer but I can say I have been extremely happy with my Baileigh JP-1250. I haven't had a single problem with it yet. Baileigh was great to work with and the shipping was excellent. Packaging was good and it arrived in great condition. I don't think you could go wrong with the Baileigh.
    Thanks Earl! When it comes to the JP series, like you said it seems like everyone is getting perfection straight out of the box. With a simpler machine, I really don't see how I can recieve a machine with any less quality and performance. Thanks for reassuring me I'm not gonna be the guinea pig!

I own four Baileigh machines and I'm pleased with every one. All of them were adjusted and working perfectly right out of the box.