Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'Nother WoodNet refuge here

Paul,

Welcome but you should start a new thread and not hijack a thread over a year old!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary McKown
    Hello, Folks. Just signed on after lurking for awhile and noting that this forum seems to be less testosterone-laden, fisticuffs-ready, or "good 'ol boy" club type than some others and more of a learning/sharing experience. I see a few familiar faces from the 'Net and WoodCentral and lots more that I would like to get to know better.

Been at it as a hobbyist for more (well, a lot more) than 35 years, still a lot to learn about wood, tools, design ideas, techniques, etc. Hope to learn something and occasionally share an idea or opinion.

BTW, for those in the Southeastern PA area who don't know about it, some of us have started a Delaware Valley Woodworking Club (DVWWC) which meets every 2nd Thursday from 7:00-9:00 at the Downingtown WoodCraft. Next meeting tomorrow (July 14), subjects dovetails (all varieties), ideas for toys/projects for donation at Xmas, and any sticklers that need some group discussion. Everyone welcomed. Do a search over at WoodNet.net on DVWWC for more details, or just stop by and participate.

Hope to contribute to the discussions and get to know more of you folks.
    Welcome to the creek Paul! SMC is a great place full of wonderful people that like to have a good discussion and keep their sensibilities about them. Plenty of great mentorship as well.

Welcome!

I visit many sites, but this one is the only one that I really post in. Too many helpful and good-humored people here not to call this my woodworking home.