Thread: Inexpensive air compressor recommendation

Inexpensive air compressor recommendation

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive air compressor for a ULS Versalaser 2.30?

We just use our normal, shop air. Just make sure you have a drier in it. You cannot have on drop of water get through to the lens and air curtains. Bad things will happen.

We have a refrigerated air drier and also the moisture thingy that turns color when it's done sucking out moisture right before going into the machine.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Andrew

Welcome to SMC. This is a frequently discussed topic so I suggest doing a search for air assist or compressors and you'll have an evenings reading.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Blog Entries
    Go with quality and more capacity then you need.
    The cheep Harbor Freight units I started with ran almost all the time and lasted less then a year.

Howard Garner
    VeraLasers VL300 and VLS350