Thread: bedroom suite ideas

bedroom suite ideas

Hey,
    I have someone that is asking about some bedroom furniture and maybe a bathroom vanity, and they want something to go along with the beach theme of the Master bed/bath. They have shells, sand, sea gulls, tan walls, sea green curtains, the whole nine yards, and i'm trying to think of of design/finishing ideas that would compliment that type of room. I believe they are pretty open to what I come up with. The only request is that the bed would have big drawers under the mattress instead of a box mattress and legs.

Any ideas welcome!
    Thanks

Gary

Maybe think about using pine either subtly clear finished or with distressed white paint. Vertical planks on the head and footboard with a crest rail. Square posts with stopped chamfers on the corners. Maybe wooden balls at the top. Similar look on the other pieces.
    Last edited by Dave Richards; 10-30-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Considering the motif the client has in mind, I would think a rustic treatment would fit. ..Such as, maybe, hickory wood in an ambrosia maple frame or the other way around, or all one or the other.

Look up beach furniture and see if there is something there that doesn't strike you as excessively hokey. Maybe you can get some ideas there.

..Or, I saw a process recently where some kind of (I think) dry die was rubbed into the grain of an open grained wood. The result was a very dark wood (maybe black) with a light-colored pronounced grain. This could be done with any combination of colors. It looked vaguely driftwoodish, but classy. I wish I could remember what the process was called so I can show an example.

Blog Entries
    You might look at the adds in the weekend papers for ideas. Their furniture may be cheap particle board, but they have great designs.
    Their color combinations are sometimes spectacular.
    Last edited by lowell holmes; 10-31-2014 at 8:51 AM. Reason: sp

A white Venetian shutter theme would work well too.