Thread: Turning light LED for inside the turning.

Turning light LED for inside the turning.

Not wanted to take Bobs "light" post off track, I wanted to see if anyone is familiar with this kind of light,

Namely a 6 LED light with magnetic back that can be stuck onto a toolrest to see the inside of a turning.

I saw this on a European forum and thought it might be a handy thing to have, never seen anything like that here, but then I don’t know everything that is available either.

LED light with magnet on toolrest.jpg LED light with magnet.jpg
    Have fun and take care

Well, looks like it should work pretty good. Might have to make a sketch and hang it for future reminder.
    U.S.A.F. Ret. MSgt 2006

Leo, that looks interesting. I'm sure that is a sealed unit and made to fit inside something?
    Member Illiana Woodturners

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bergstrom View Post
    Leo, that looks interesting. I'm sure that is a sealed unit and made to fit inside something?
    I don’t know Bob, the fellow that had it, got it from a turner in Germany where he had taken some lessons in hollow forms and vase type turning, he said that I can order it there, but rather expensive plus than the shipping cost and the rest of the hassle that can come into play.

So I figured that maybe someone here had access to or at least seen something like that, even though I never did
    Have fun and take care

Looks neat

Should be able to make one from this 12 volt module pretty easily: http://www.amazon.com/Pcs-OPT7%C2%AE-Advanced-Bright-6-SMD/dp/B00JW3068C/

Ken

Maybe it is just me, but finagling the tool rest to point the light would be more trouble than something like the Ikea LED with a magnet base on the banjo.
    God is great and life is good!

I'll try anything once, just once.

Cheers guys

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Burner View Post
    Should be able to make one from this 12 volt module pretty easily: http://www.amazon.com/Pcs-OPT7%C2%AE-Advanced-Bright-6-SMD/dp/B00JW3068C/

Ken
    Thank you Ken for the link , I was hoping someone would have seen something like that, as I figured it would probably be available as a part for something.

Now a couple of rare earth magnets glued on it and I have light inside a smaller dark wood goblet where my toolrest and tool make it all but near impossible to get light to shine into it and me not having my head and/or hand in the way to see in it.

Thanks again 1thumb.gif
    Have fun and take care

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Burner View Post
    Very interesting ... not sure what the smallest 12v adapter is to make these things glow but will watch this thread for ideas on wiring/holders etc