Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Must have Tools, Jigs, and Gadgets?

Was using this fixture today.It's been around here for 10 years or so?It's used for finishing(spraying) rifle stocks.This is a T/C forend that'll be "spider-webbed" black over....base colour olive.Looked for some other pics of it with whole stocks mounted and simply can't find'm.

Anyway,it is so easy,and so fast to use.Not a whole lot of machining,could easily put it together with nuthin more than a vise and a DP and some hand threading tools.But study the design,it rotates in 360 degrees in all directions.Reason for post is to show that there's no limit to what one can "come up with" regarding jigs/fixtures.For us,most of the stuff we have simply dosen't exist commercially.We have a "need",no one makes it......what to do?
    Attached Images Attached Images

One thing I would add to the others is the Harbor Freight transfer punch set, 3/32" to 1/2" punches (by 64ths). I don't use these a punches very often but I find many other uses for metal rods of known sizes.

3m respirator, visor mounted LED flashlight, prescription close work glass IAW bifocals strength for main part of the glasses and then trifocals where the bifocals would be. and a dime store pencil sharpener.

4. Sometimes circular saw guides come in handy...
    This Old House: How to Make a Circular Saw Guide:: http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/vide...808204,00.html.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Do a search here for the user name:

Nissim Avrahami

The late Niki was a true creative genius when it came to making jigs and fixtures.
    It's a shame that he only uploaded a portion of his pictures to the SMC server since the site he hosted a lot of his pictures on is no longer online.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon