Thread: Banner Ads

Banner Ads

I noticed today that it was time to re-up as a contributor. After paying my annual contribution, I see that the banner ads are still showing up. Is this normal? Do I need to do something else?

My status is still showing as Member instead of Contributor. My PayPal account is set up for instant transfer and it seems like in previous years my status changed immediately.
    Last edited by Bill Boehme; 11-05-2014 at 1:05 AM.
    Bill

Bill,

In order for your account to upgrade automatically you must be logged into The Creek and then select the link from the donate page to go to PayPa. If your not logged in your account will have to be manually updated, I will check your setting sometime today. Once that is done you will be able to adjust your advertising settings.

Thanks,
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Bill,

In order for your account to upgrade automatically you must be logged into The Creek and then select the link from the donate page to go to PayPa. If your not logged in your account will have to be manually updated, I will check your setting sometime today. Once that is done you will be able to adjust your advertising settings.

Thanks,
    Keith
    Yes, sir I am aware of that and I was logged in and I did select the Donate link which did automatically take me to PayPal. I should have stated all of that originally. My recollection was that the process was fully automated from prior year experiences.

After making the payment, I also did check my advertising setting and it was set to not show the banner ads. It seems interesting (as in odd) that my settings page gave me that option while my status was still being shown as Member and not Contributor.
    Bill

Bill,

It appears that PayPal servers were a bit slow updating your account which happens frequently but it was completed and your account is now updated. You should be able to adjust your advertising settings now.
    Those who have Member titles here see the setting to adjust advertising but they don't have the option to change their settings and save them.

Thanks for the explanation. I was concerned that maybe something in the software had broken. All is good in the world now.
    Bill