Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: I'm spending 10K - are those the right choices?

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Hi Gilbert, good decision on the Hammer equipment.

I'm curious why you want a router table when you have a tilting spindle/sliding table shaper?

In more than 30 years I've never owned a router table, always a shaper.............Regards, Rod.
    You got me there Rod...

I never had a shaper before so I went online reading about it and I was under the impression that a router was needed for smaller, more "delicate" jobs. But you're basically saying I can do without it? That would be great news...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post
    I'd hold off on the bandsaw and save up until you can get something more substantial. That Rikon looks pretty marginal for professional use.
    Hi Peter,

I have to admit the Grizzly bandsaw seems to be the perfect fit but the Rikon had decent reviews so I figured it could be a compromise I could live with, at least temporarily. There's a good discount on it so since I really need one, I'll use it for a year, maybe two, and then sell it and upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Grenier View Post
    You got me there Rod...

I never had a shaper before so I went online reading about it and I was under the impression that a router was needed for smaller, more "delicate" jobs. But you're basically saying I can do without it? That would be great news...
    Yup, purchase a cutterhead from Felder, the 40mm euroblock with chip limiters, it uses HSS knives, makes great mouldings...........Rod.