Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next ADA Class

If everyone is OK with the January 10th and 11th dates I will create a new thread with those dates.

The next class has been scheduled. Please go to this link for more information or to register.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...-and-11th-2015

Old thread, but I'm definitely interested in attending whenever the next ADA class is. I'm confident I can get a total of 3 to attend. Thanks !!
    Glenn Chua
    Morrisville, NC
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Trotec 80W Speedy 400
    CAMaster Stinger III

Glenn,

I am willing to schedule an ADA sign class as long as we can get six people to attend. I can be flexible concerning the dates since I am retired and now work full time in my sign shop.

Thanks Keith for the quick response. I need to check this forum more often. I will see if I can arrange for 6 to attend and let you know. What are the details of the class? Will help me get a few on board. Cost, topics, etc.? Thanks again.
    Glenn Chua
    Morrisville, NC
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Trotec 80W Speedy 400
    CAMaster Stinger III

Disregard. I did what I should have before I asked... Used the search feature I found posts of previous ADA classes. They were free, but don't want to assume they will be again. Either way I'm confident I can get 6. Will start working on it tomorrow.
    Glenn Chua
    Morrisville, NC
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Trotec 80W Speedy 400
    CAMaster Stinger III

Glenn,

SawMill Creek ADA Training Class:

We cover every aspect of making ADA door signs and Specialty signs for Commercial Buildings from start to finish.

1. Marketing ADA Signs
    2. Preparing Project Work Lists and Project Bids
    3. Material selection and Design
    4. Tools and Equipment
    5. Corel Draw Tips and Aaron Koehl's Braille Script
    6. Fabrication Techniques
    _a. CNC Machining small and large signs.
    _b. Painting and Edge Routing Techniques
    _c. Laser Engraving ADA and Specialty Signs
    _d. Installing Braille and Tactile Text
    7. Sign Installation

Note: Each person will receive a DVD that contains drawings and other files that will assist you in making your own ADA signs. The DVD alone is worth the price of admission, it is not for sale.

This is a hands on session so we will make a few signs so you can see the process and the techniques we use from making plaques to installation.

The cost of this session is $250.00 per person and it includes a catered lunch both days, all proceeds will be donated to support SawMill Creek Woodworkers Forums.You can bring a still camera if you like but I prefer we don't videotape or record any presentations. You can bring a writing pad or laptop computer if you feel the need to take notes, we have wireless Internet in my shop. The schedule both days is 10am until 5pm and we will break for lunch from 12 noon to 1pm, a catered lunch will be provided. The session officially ends at 1:30 pm on Sunday but we use the time after lunch to 5pm for general discussion, to answer any specific questions or demonstrate a technique by request.

I use a multitude of processes in my sign shop such as dye-sublimation, sand blasting, welding, etc so we are happy to share anything we know about any additional techniques we use.

Hi Keith,

I managed to round up a solid 3 to attend. I'm willing to pay for the remaining spots out of my own pocket if that is OK with you. Really want to attend your class as soon as possible. Have several reaching out in my area for ADA work and have turned them down as I don't want to take on without having the basics down.

Would like to start discussing potential dates. I'll work my schedule around yours as much as possible. Hopefully you have some availability soon.

Talk to you soon.

Thanks,

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Glenn,

SawMill Creek ADA Training Class:

We cover every aspect of making ADA door signs and Specialty signs for Commercial Buildings from start to finish.

1. Marketing ADA Signs
    2. Preparing Project Work Lists and Project Bids
    3. Material selection and Design
    4. Tools and Equipment
    5. Corel Draw Tips and Aaron Koehl's Braille Script
    6. Fabrication Techniques
    _a. CNC Machining small and large signs.
    _b. Painting and Edge Routing Techniques
    _c. Laser Engraving ADA and Specialty Signs
    _d. Installing Braille and Tactile Text
    7. Sign Installation

Note: Each person will receive a DVD that contains drawings and other files that will assist you in making your own ADA signs. The DVD alone is worth the price of admission, it is not for sale.

This is a hands on session so we will make a few signs so you can see the process and the techniques we use from making plaques to installation.

The cost of this session is $250.00 per person and it includes a catered lunch both days, all proceeds will be donated to support SawMill Creek Woodworkers Forums.You can bring a still camera if you like but I prefer we don't videotape or record any presentations. You can bring a writing pad or laptop computer if you feel the need to take notes, we have wireless Internet in my shop. The schedule both days is 10am until 5pm and we will break for lunch from 12 noon to 1pm, a catered lunch will be provided. The session officially ends at 1:30 pm on Sunday but we use the time after lunch to 5pm for general discussion, to answer any specific questions or demonstrate a technique by request.

I use a multitude of processes in my sign shop such as dye-sublimation, sand blasting, welding, etc so we are happy to share anything we know about any additional techniques we use.
    Glenn Chua
    Morrisville, NC
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Trotec 80W Speedy 400
    CAMaster Stinger III

Glenn,

Let me know what dates will fit your schedule. Currently my schedule is flexible, I can move things around as necessary to make things fit.