Thread: Veteran's Day

Veteran's Day

I spent a little over 20 ( 1967 to 1988) years in the Air Force, mostly doing Avionics maintenance on fighter jets. No assignments to Viet Nam or that area, so I had it easy. Please take the time to think about our folks serving now. It's not just a Federal Holiday!

thank you for your tour of duty

Today my Children woke in a free country because of the efforts and sacrifices of far better men than I will ever be. May whatever God you hold true smile down on you.

Dave
    You did what !

Thank you!

My father served in the US Navy during WWII. My FIL served in the US Army during WWII. I served in the US Navy from '68-76. My wife's older brother served in the US Navy as a Huey pilot with HAL-3 inland in Vietnam. My oldest son served 9 years in the US Army including Desert Shield and Desert Storm. My youngest son is active duty US Navy today. Two of our grandsons are on active duty today, with the oldest grandson on active duty as enlisted US Navy and his brother is active duty US Army.

It's been our honor to serve this country.

Thanks to our brothers and sisters in arms!
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 11-11-2014 at 2:47 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Doug I too was one of the lucky one's. I joined the Marine Corps when I was 17 in 1967 my parents had to sign a waiver for me to get in. After boot camp at PI and ITR at at Camp Lejeune I was sent to Mechanic's school and then to Camp Pendleton for gorilla warfare training. We then got orders for Nam and were loaded onto civilian airliners and headed overseas. When we landed at Kadena AFB in Okinawa we were taken off the plane and told our services were needed there. Seems there was a shortage of mechanics there, so I spent my tour in Okinawa. I was one of the lucky one's.
    But I also remember every day those that weren't so lucky. I now ride with the Patriot Guard Riders to give respect to the families of those who have been taken from us and never pass up a chance to thank a service member for their service.
    So Thanks To All the Veterans here at the Creek for a job well done thank you and God Bless America.
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 11-11-2014 at 2:26 PM. Reason: spell
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Thanks for serving veterans. God bless you and your families.

PHM

Blog Entries
    My father served 30 years in the Air Force. I served 5 years of active duty after graduating from Annapolis in 1971 and then 21 years as a reserve, retiring as an O-6.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Blog Entries
    Happy Veterans' Day to all. Let's not repeat The Great War.

"If ye break faith with us who die
    We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
    In Flanders fields."
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"