Thread: First Bowl - Claro Walnut

First Bowl - Claro Walnut

Although this was my first bowl, I had a LOT of help from my turning mentor Matt, both coaching and physically showing me the right way to do it. I'm hooked.

Claro Walnut is finished with Tru-Oil, hope y'all like it!

I just finished turning my next bowl today that was way more "on my own", it's Redwood, I'll post it up here when I'm done finishing it.
    IMG_2282.jpgIMG_2283.jpg

Hunter, nice start. I would suggest keeping that "first bowl" it will be great for you to look back on as you continue to hone your skills. I'm certainly not an expert by any means (I've only been turning for about a year), but it is fun to compare my first bowl to my 150th. Enjoy the experience!

Thanks, Tim. I'm torn between keeping it and giving it to a loved one for Christmas. I've git some time to decide, maybe I'll just make 5 more before Christmas and keep this one.

Honey Nut Cheerios would look great swirling around in that bowl. Nice job.

Hunter,
    Nice start! I agree with Tim; you only have one "first bowl." Your's is a beauty! Dave

Nice bowl Hunter - especially for a first! I also think you should keep it as there is only one '1st' bowl!

What are the dimensions?
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Nice bowl. I agree with keeping it. I gave my #1 to my mom, so I see it every time I visit and wish I could hide it! Yours looks a lot better!
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

I like grain, finish and design. Great job!

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the positive feedback, but again I can't take credit for how nice it turned out, I had great guidance! After I get my name in the bottom of the Redwood burl and get it finished, I'll post it up.