Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: End table build design feedback

Hey Chris - about the overhang - yeah I wondered whether it would shadow the cove too much. That's what mocking up is all about - discovering the balance between a bunch of different variables. Thanks for sharing!

Hello all,

I've made some progress on the end table "prototype". In the end, I opted to keep the top flush with the outside of the legs. I did not curve the rails. I increased the chamfer under the top (but not as dramatically as Derek suggested). I also went with a straight taper on the legs. So in the end, i'm thinking its the love child of Ming and Shaker (not that the Shakers did that sort of thing ) A Shaking table? The Minker style?

IMG_1633.jpgIMG_1634.jpgIMG_1632.jpg

I'll post better photos soon, these were with my aging phone and the legs look thicker here than in person. A final detail was that I thinned the appearance of the rails by adding a ~1/4" r cove to the bottom edge of the rail (does not show in these photos).

My 13 year old again asked where it was going in the house. Not being the perfect role model, I replied "under my beer". So likely to start another one (or two) in walnut soon. Plan to refine by narrowing the leg stock and rails a bit, but overall quite happy with the result. Suggestions and feedback welcome, as always.

Thanks for looking,
    Chris
    Last edited by Christopher Charles; 11-30-2014 at 12:50 AM.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra