Thread: Harper Rose's Chair

Blog Entries

Harper Rose's Chair

We were talking about making chairs for family members to have in a Neanderthal forum.

This chair is one I made for my oldest grandson and his wife. They will be rocking my first Great Granddaughter in it.

Yes, I am bragging and I feel privileged to hold Harper Rose Holmes when she is one day old.

The chair is made of cherry.

Harper Rose's chair.jpg
    Last edited by lowell holmes; 11-14-2014 at 12:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    That's got to be the greatest stealth gloat of all time. Congratualtions on the GGDaughter. Oh, nice chair, too.

Blog Entries
    That is a very nice chair.

I am a touch fearful of making something with rockers. I am afraid of people going air borne.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    Good looking chair Lowell and congrats on the GGD.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    That looks spectacular. I would love to see more details of the back of the chair. Are those sawn curved? Hard to tell from this image.

Blog Entries
    Malcolm,
    They were sawn to rough shape on a bandsaw and then they were worked with a spoke shave and card scrapers.

The chair is basically a Paul Sellers style, but the design is my original design. The seat is leather from Tandy. A local retired upholstery guy covered my seat blank with foam and my leather.
    He made the piping.

Its not everyone who gets to hold their Great Grandchild, much less build their rocker. So I remembered your story and was recently was wondering how that chair came out. It looks great! Congratulations on your new GGD!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Every woodworker's dream! Congrats! Great chair and great story!
    ~ Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.

Beyond beautiful work. Congrats and congrats!

regards, Marty
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity" - anon