Thread: Portland Woodworking Show?

Portland Woodworking Show?

Did anyone here go?

How was it?.-

Wife and I are thinking about going on Sunday, but it is almost a 200 mile round trip....

I went about 5 years ago and it was a disappointment. I won't drive 20 miles to it. I can't imagine driving 200 miles.

Cary: I don't care for the drive either, but The Squeeze is quilter and there are several quilt and fabric shops that she would peruse while I was at the wood show. I have not been to the Portland Show in about 3 years and then it was not much. Just trying to determine if it has "improved".
    Last edited by Ray Newman; 11-14-2014 at 7:26 PM.

Bump.

Did any one go? The Squeeze has been asking me if we are going on Sunday....

All I'm saying is if the squeeze wants to go, then go! It's a woodworking show, you will enjoy it! 100 miles isn't that bad one way. I used to commute to work almost that far every day lol. Enjoy your time with the wife.

Went today. Haven't been to one of these for 4/5 years...last one in Seattle was a real disappointment. This one was OK...although Peachtree and Woodline took up at least a third of the space. Lee Valley had a nice display. Can't say anything else stood out for me...lots of turning stuff but I'm not a turner. Enjoyed the presentations, and they seem to have been all well attended. Jim Heavey is always a joy to listen to..really down to earth. Not sad I went but will probably not go again soon.
    Jeff Fondaw