Thread: McFeely's ???

McFeely's ???

Back several months ago there was a long discussion about McFeely's and how the were having problems after the new buyer took over. I need to fill in my stock and have waited until now to see how things were going. They have had 6 or 8 months to get their act together. Have they gotten up to speed?

CPeter

I have ordered from them several times this year and had no problems whatsoever...as a matter of fact, I need to do a new order soon as I just ran out of a particular fastener I use for my tack trunk commissions.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I just got one of those woodworkers marketing packs in the mail and on the back cover it says how great the redesigned website is. I hope it is and they are back like before!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    I just got one of those woodworkers marketing packs in the mail and on the back cover it says how great the redesigned website is. I hope it is and they are back like before!
    The website IS pretty nice went there last night after reading this thread.

I ordered some screws about a month ago and they came fast and were just like the last ones I had ordered.

I hope they do well. Their website seems to have a fixable problem: the search function does not work. You can get around it by simply using google with site:mcfeelys.com, but I can't see a missing search function as helpful to sales.

you sure it's not you? search on their site works fine for me.

Blog Entries
    If you are familiar with the old front end, the new version is quite poor. I had a conversation with them on this. They are aware of it due to many folks commenting. They brought back a nearly functional version of the 'select-a-screw' tool. The "need more sizes of this fastener" still wasn't present last time I ordered. The shift in focus and the lack of the $1 shipping offers do put a sour taste in long time customer's mouths but, the product quality does not seem to have suffered although I miss the larger variety that pertained to furniture making. I continue to use them and still praise their screws.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler