Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clearout Sale of Festool Circular Saws

Clearout Sale of Festool Circular Saws

Festool has just put their ATF 55 and ATf 65 circular saws on sale. See: http://www.festoolusa.com/ProductDet...ID=561086&id=3

This is because they are clearing stock to make way for their new improved circular saws -the TS 55 and Ts 75. See: http://f3.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/AE7YQqq...HURE_TS-55.pdf

I want the new TS 75 but my 2005 tool budget is shot. I hope to be able to fit it in 2006.
    Last edited by Frank Pellow; 07-15-2005 at 8:20 PM.

Frank,

Do you know if the new TS 55 MSRP will be the same price as the old ATF 55 MSRP?

Meaning if you wait for the TS55, will it cost more than the ATF 55 cost a month ago?

Thanks,
    /Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Murdock
    Frank,

Do you know if the new TS 55 MSRP will be the same price as the old ATF 55 MSRP?

Meaning if you wait for the TS55, will it cost more than the ATF 55 cost a month ago?

Thanks,
    /Kevin
    I don't know but my guess is that the replacement saw will be more expensive. My guess is $495.

But, in the past when Festool has introduced a new tool to the USA, they have a special price for a couple of months. My guess at the introductory price is $425.

It will be interesting to look at my guesses when the new saw is introduced.

Kevin,

I don't know what the price will be on the TS saws, but usually Festool offers a new tool at an introductory price for the first couple of months before heading to list price. The list price may be higher, just don't know yet.

Bob
    bob m

I can't get the .pdf link to work. It comes up "Document Not Found". Anyone else having trouble?

Sounds like a good deal on the ATF 55.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Schubert
    I can't get the .pdf link to work. It comes up "Document Not Found". Anyone else having trouble?
    Rick
    Sorry Rick, I am not sure why you are having a problem. I will see if I can find brchure elsewhere and post an additional link.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    As luck would have it I purchased a 55 from Uncle Bob which I got last week. It is so new it is still in the box.. -- Lucky Me ---
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Ken,
    Not bad luck. It is stilla great saw even if it will be replaced by a newer version. If you really want to change, Bob and Festool have a 30 day money back guarantee. I would keep it.
    John Lucas
    woodshopdemos

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    As luck would have it I purchased a 55 from Uncle Bob which I got last week. It is so new it is still in the box.. -- Lucky Me ---
    Ken, opening the box will be very theraputic...new tools release endorphins into your blood stream, giving you an overall increase in happiness. Kinda like that thing we can't talk about here in the forums, but less messy, at least with Festool...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Schubert

Sounds like a good deal on the ATF 55.

Rick

I am having the same problem as Rick. I cannot get the link to work either. I am thinking I will wait for the new version of the saw.

Is this the new one?

This may be the new one that's coming out. What about it, Bob?

Jeff

Jeff,

Yes.
    Festool will be coming out with 2 new saws (new to the USA anyhow) - the TS 55 and TS 75. The TS 55 replaces the ATF 55 and the TS 75 replaces the ATF 65. There's info on the Festool Austrailian site about them.

Bob
    bob m

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pellow
    I don't know but my guess is that the replacement saw will be more expensive. My guess is $495.

My guess at the introductory price is $425.
    This is a circular saw your talking about?????

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Jones
    This is a circular saw your talking about?????
    Not just a circular saw, a FESTOOL CIRCULAR SAW! There is a world of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pellow
    Sorry Rick, I am not sure why you are having a problem. I will see if I can find brchure elsewhere and post an additional link.
    I can't find another spot which has a direct link to the to brochure. It is on the Festool Australian web site (http://www.festool.com.au/) and once you are there (1) select Products, (2) select Product News, (3) scroll down a long way until you find the TS 55 banner, (4) select the banner

Here is a summary of the improvements that I noted in the brochure:

Easier blade changes.

Detachable power cord

Adjustable vacuum connector which can be placed at any angle

Festool claims the saw is quieter (but I can't find details)

Detachable splinter guard so the both sides of cut are splinter free

Much improved gauge for cutting angle

Easier to read depth gauge

Base plate is lighter and stronger
    I expect that I missed some.