Thread: Woodturning Design Magazine

Woodturning Design Magazine

A while back, there was a post/thread about Woodturning Design Magazine ceasing publication due to the parent company going bankrupt. Since I read that post, I've received two separate subscription renewal requests in the mail. I received the first one just a few days after that original post, and now I've recieved another just the other day. So, my question is, are they in business or not? If I send them my money, will I get the magazine? Does anyone out there know the truth? I sure enjoyed that magazine, and would love to be getting it again.

Sounds like a scram. From the discussion here there were a few other mags that got the notice also.
    Member Illiana Woodturners

Woodturning Design magazine is gone.... DO NOT send your money! A lot of us miss the magazine and hold out hope that it will return someday!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Yea, that scam has been around for a while. Send them a nasty virus.....

robo hippy

Rock Creek, Ohio. It's alittle town in the NE part of the state, not far from Lake Erie.
    Yes, it is a scam so DO NOT send any money. This company is even hitting major newspapers as well as other wood related publications. The Cleveland Plain Dealer has been running full page ads alerting their subscribers to the scam.

Thanks for the confirmation. I just can't understand how companies can knowingly solicit money for something they know they're not going to deliver. I guess there's criminals everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Mooney View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation. I just can't understand how companies can knowingly solicit money for something they know they're not going to deliver. I guess there's criminals everywhere.
    I doubt there is a "company" and suspect it is simply a cyber thief operating the scam.

Wish it would come back. I have every issue.