Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Label maker recommendations?

I should have gone looking online: http://www.onlinelabels.com/weatherproof-labels.aspx

If I wasn't so busy, I'd get one of these: http://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-MH-...n-Cut-Software
    Last edited by Tom M King; 11-18-2014 at 3:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    It runs on 6 AAA batteries, which it eats rather quickly. The A/C adapter runs $26 or so.
    Other than that - it's a great little machine.
    I loved mine, I just got tired of having to replace the batteries every time I wanted to use it.
    After having kids and getting sick of constantly changing batteries out of their toys (because they never turn them off lol) I switched to Sanyo Eneloop rechargable batteries. They're expensive but they perform like quality alkaline. Awesome for photography flashes too (another reason why I bought them) which is demanding for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cullen View Post

The P-Touch is what I use also. I have both 1/2" and 1/4" label tape for it, black on white. I think the model I have will do up to 3/4 inch. It does use batteries, but an equivalent "wall wort" adapter can be had off Amazon cheaper than the Brothers version.
    Agree with the "don't buy the brother wall wart". Try to find one in a junk drawer with the right voltage before you go to amazon. The computer enabled ones (at least the ones I bought) came with a wall wart.

A.

Another PT guy here. PT 65.

My father in law gave it to me probably 5 years ago and I thanked him and promptly stuck it in a drawer and never looked at it again for 3 years. At that point I thought I'd give it a try.

Now I'm a labeling fool. I love it. 1/2" tape. I don't get the battery complaints. Mine last forever. Maybe because it's an older model without bells and whistles. But who needs bells and whistles? It job is to make a label.

Whatever- I like it.

Folks, thanks for all the replies, great discussion. I went looking at sales in the office stores and Office Depot has the Brother PT-2730 on sale for $50. I was sorely tempted by the upcoming Staples $10 PT-D200, but I kinda wanted the capacity to go wider, and this one goes up to 1" wide. Also, it comes with an AC adapter. I have a zillion adapters laying around, and I swear never, never, do I find one that fits any new device. I'm not sure how that's possible, but there it is.

Also this one has a usb connection, so if I end up liking the computer-generated labels better, I have that option. I have an old win 98 laptop that I think might still work; may take that to the shop to give it a try. Probably too old, though.

Organized shop here I come!

Ken