Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The freezingness?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pixley View Post
    It was 82 degrees today. Tomorrow we will have a cold spell. It will be 73. There is a reason I live in SoCal. I am not built for the cold.
    I do enjoy weather in many areas in CA where it doesn't get too hot or too cold, and you can just wear shorts and short sleeves year around.

If I had a do-over, I wouldn't have put roots down here (in Milwaukee) but would have moved out west or SW before doing so.

The best weather places to live also tend to have higher cost of living, are crowded, and have terrible road congestion. Atlanta spent a ton of money on new highways in the 1990s, but now they have epic traffic jams due to population growth. Phoenix has decent weather in the winter, but it is terribly hot in the summer. Certainly, you can stay indoors in air conditioned spaces, but then you deal with the electric bill.

That said, the fastest growing metro areas in the USA are all in the south with better weather.

Yes the heat in the valley in the summer time is something else. I hate heat but I found that uo to about 94- 95 most people including me don't find it all that bad, over that then it starts getting tough to deal with. But theres lots of area out here that are really nice year round. I think that if you find a place at around 3000 to 5000 ft you get mild weather year round. Or you become a snowbird, the valley in the winter and someplace else in summer

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    The best weather places to live also tend to have higher cost of living, are crowded, and have terrible road congestion. Atlanta spent a ton of money on new highways in the 1990s, but now they have epic traffic jams due to population growth. Phoenix has decent weather in the winter, but it is terribly hot in the summer. Certainly, you can stay indoors in air conditioned spaces, but then you deal with the electric bill.

That said, the fastest growing metro areas in the USA are all in the south with better weather.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Yes the heat in the valley in the summer time is something else. I hate heat but I found that uo to about 94- 95 most people including me don't find it all that bad, over that then it starts getting tough to deal with. But theres lots of area out here that are really nice year round. I think that if you find a place at around 3000 to 5000 ft you get mild weather year round. Or you become a snowbird, the valley in the winter and someplace else in summer
    Dry heat is fairly tolerable with shade. Trying to work in that kind of heat is miserable. I was at a desert event two summers ago with temps in the shade of 107 degrees, but no humidity. It wasn't that bad in the shade as long as you didn't do much. Now, back home in Minnesota once it gets to be 90 degrees or above it is pure misery due to the high humidity. I would probably get heat stroke outdoors at 107 degrees in Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I still have green leaves
    I do to, but then again I'm in the evergreen state.
    ~Garth

do any weather man tell the truth ? one will say that this will be a warm winter while another will say this the weather will be colder, the weather man that predict warm weather could be from the north pole