Thread: Adjustable shelving and drawer slides

Adjustable shelving and drawer slides

I would like to do a really nice medium/heavy duty adjustable shelf unit with drawers I can move as needed. I wanted to use some type of metal strap instead of 32mm system holes but I am not sure how I can interface a drawer slide to the metal strap. Any ideas?

-Brian

Search for "QuikTray Rollout Shelf Systems" that are used to retrofit drawers in kitchen cabinet bases. If your application will not home the vertical supports the concept should at least give you ideas for creating something similar

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Roland View Post
    Search for "QuikTray Rollout Shelf Systems" that are used to retrofit drawers in kitchen cabinet bases. If your application will not home the vertical supports the concept should at least give you ideas for creating something similar
    I just built a pantry for my wife using the Quick tray brackets that allow you to adjust the slide heights. The worked really well and they can be cut with a table saw. They come with metal clips that attach to your slides that hook into the brackets. It is a nice system.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Good to hear about the Quicktray system. I picked one up from Rockler a while ago in anticipation for some bathroom cabinets. I haven't installed it yet but I glad to hear it is working out.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Check out the Century x-series adjustable bracket system at atlanticplywood.com. I believe they will work with Blum undermount slides.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Jenness View Post
    Check out the Century x-series adjustable bracket system at atlanticplywood.com. I believe they will work with Blum undermount slides.
    Yeah those are nice. You can buy with or without the pilasters (make your own if you prefer. Simple and direct way of making pullouts on Blum slide adjustable.
    Here's a brief intro - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9-jrYm-6a8

There is another version out there with metal pilasters but they might be proprietary to the cabinet company that provided the cabinets I installed.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

The relevant part starts at 2:32
    You wouldn't need to do the spring loaded mechanism

"Live like no one else, so later, you can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!"
    - Dave Ramsey

Yeah Charles, it's a good system. Seen a number of 19th century pieces with that feature, so I'm not sure he will get much
    patented. Worked in a shop that had one order for something of that type, but I did not work on it. I do think the type I posted about looks and works better with books.