Thread: First Post and it's a gloat

Cool First Post and it's a gloat

Hi everyone. This is my first post but I've been a lurker for a while and this site has helped me out a bunch.
    Now for the gloat. I picked up a Powermatiic 141 band saw for $50. From the serial number I think it's a 1969 based on this http: //wiki.vintagemachinery.org/PowermaticSerialNumbers.ashx . It was in pretty good shape. A couple of new bearings, new tires and a lot of elbow grease to clean the table(there are some stains left) and she's running like a champ. I want to say thanks for all the tips/tricks for getting a band saw up and running again.
    Attachment 300612BS Open Small.jpgAttachment 300613Attachment 300614
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 11-21-2014 at 12:55 PM. Reason: deactivated link to other forum

Welcome and congratulations on the bandsaw. There is a 141 listed on the local CL for $900 so I'd say you did well.
    ‎"A man must love a thing very much if he not only practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practices it without any hope of doing it well." —G. K. Chesterton

C'mon, give us more bandsaw information, the motor, whadda ya got? I see a mobile base, whats up with that? Issit 120 or 220?
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 11-21-2014 at 8:50 PM.
    - Beachside Hank
    Improvise, adapt, overcome; the essence of true craftsmanship.

The mobile base is because I don't have enough room for my toys and my cars in the winter. It's 120v. I'll get some pics after work today.

Definitely earned a friendly "You Suck" for the bandsaw purchase. Congratulations!

Welcome to the forum. $50 calls for a serious "you suck".

How did you happen to find it for $50?

Steve

Thats got to be the u-suck of the year! Congrats what a great machine and find.

Oh my, where is Van Huskey when we need him.....You Suck! That's a nice saw, and for $50, wow. Welcome and enjoy that mustard!
    "A good miter set up is like yoga pants: it makes everyone's butts look good." Prashun Patel

Thanks for the you sucks! Now I really know I got a good deal. I actually got from my old high school in a sealed bid auction. It was listed as a Powermate in the description so I think a lot of people thought it was some Taiwan knockoff. However I remembered it from wood shop when I was there. The Delta they had went for just over $200. Still a really good deal but more than I was wiling to bid.

You just joined the Creek and allready I don't like you. ;-)