Thread: Some more You Tube clips from me....

Some more You Tube clips from me....

I have 3 new clips up, hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7r...oTl18_dSSaffjw

robo hippy

Thanks for the update. I like your vids.
    Project Salvager

The key to the gateway of wisdom is to know that you don't know.______Stan Smith

3. Reed........nice video of the 3 sided [bowl on a bias] I have made many of these, and put lids on them, flared out, rounded in,finials and several variations on the theme.

I thought your taking the corners off with a table saw was a very good tip! I did a demo/mentor session at the Virginia symposium in September on these, and showed a jig I made for taking off the corners on the bandsaw, which as you pointed out is a dangerous thing, but the jig I made made taking the corners off easy and keeps ones hands away from the cut. I have a picture of the jig on my website under the "more" tab, then click on the "woodturning in action" under that column.......folks will see several pics that were taken of the process shown at the symposium. [click on my avatar to take you to the link of my home page]

It is basically a wedge cut from a 16 inch piece of 2x4 with a "V" notch cut about 4 inches in from the end that goes toward the sawblade [hand on opposite end] and the wedge is about 15 degrees, and one sets the bandsaw fence to the right distance away to cut the right amount off. I have also used it free hand with the right hand holding the cube and the left pushing the jig through the cut once aligned with my marks on the corner. A firm grip needed, but with a sufficiently deep "V" notch, it will hold the edge where the sides of the cube meet together and makes the cut safe.

I like your way and the jig also works great, so at least we give others a peek at a couple of different ways to do it! Good video!
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 11-22-2014 at 4:06 PM.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Thanks a lot RH, always a pleasure to see what you come up with.

Reed--------Great videos as always-----keep them coming!