Thread: Move In Day, Finally!

Move In Day, Finally!

It took about a year dealing with the Town, but it's done today was the start of moving in and the shop won't be this clean again! 26x32, 1.5 story barn.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by James Conrad; 11-22-2014 at 5:31 PM.
    "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Proust

Beautiful! Enjoy it, sir....I used to have one of those...
    Maurice

Dang James, you've arrived. Congratulations! Look at those windows, and those beams!
    Some details, please. How big are those beams? Are you going to dedicate the area above the beams to drying and holding lumber?
    That looks like a great place to work. I'm envious. Enjoy!

Thanks Maurice and Steve. I tried to upload a panorama pic but the site doesn't like it for some reason. The doors are a 9' with 3' fixed and French in swings, opposite is an 8' slider. The side windows are 3.5 tall and 6' wide sliders, I have 2 more casements I might put in. The beams are triple 20" LVL's, those were fun. It's one big wide open space, full of light. 2nd floor is open too, planning on office, storage maybe a finishing area.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by James Conrad; 11-22-2014 at 6:22 PM.
    "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Proust

Blog Entries
    Nice shop, it needs a Christmas tree.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

James, that shop's a dream...enjoy. Fill it up and make a mess on the floor!
    By "a year dealing with the Town", I'm guessing you mean permits, codes, approvals, challenges, and the PC and historical BS that is endemic to your location. A late friend had those roadblocks when adding an upstairs bedroom in his home in a historic area in Wethersfield Conn. Ended up costing double. He had to use half-round copper gutters and a corbel at the corner because it was visible from the street, as well as from the subsidized apartments on the street behind his home.
    Last edited by Tom Vanzant; 11-22-2014 at 8:25 PM.

It's a long story, basically getting approval for my business and jumping through hoops with the building department, ZBA and planning board. It was an eye opener.

Beautiful!
    That's the space I always dreamed of having! Show us some pictures after you get it filled up.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Just curious; were EXIT signs mandated by the town?

Since the use of the building is a commercial one with public access, exit signs and an accessible entrance is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Beautiful!
    That's the space I always dreamed of having! Show us some pictures after you get it filled up.
    Will do Bruce! More moving today...