Thread: Old website: What happend to th Oak Factory woodworking forum

Old website: What happend to th Oak Factory woodworking forum

There used to be a woodworking website called "The oak factory" What happened to that forum ?

It shut down several years ago (2006?). The owner, Kip passed away and his wife took over as ADMIN. I think she got tired of running it and just pulled the plug.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Man I hope that never happens here. Hope Keith made arrangements to keep this place up and running if something should ever happen. God forbid.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Some of them migrated but as usual populations change due to age, interests, etc. C.John and Dalton were a couple that moved over. John has left almost everything now and Dalton passed a few years ago. I was a member at the Oak back in the day and can introduce you at the the WoodWorks if you like. It's invitation only now due to spammers.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 11-24-2014 at 10:08 PM. Reason: removed link to other forum which violates TOSs

Just stumbled upon this. The REAL reason The Oak closed down was that Kip's sister took over and the board went from being a forum about woodworking to a political melee. People would post their comments and if Kip's sister didn't agree with it, politically, it was taken down and she berated you. It became so hostile and awful that virtually everyone left and it eventually shut down. This was right after the 2000 election.