Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

24 Nov 2014

Good Morning Everyone,
    I'm off work this week and I have a lot I need to get done around the house. The really good news is that I'm cleaning and organizing the shop so that my son and I can get out there and do some sawdust making. I'm so excited that he has mentioned his desire to learn something about woodworking. At this point in life, I'll take what I can get from him. Yesterday, the LOML went to shower and found out that we had no hot water....correct....the water heater went out. This will be the 3rd time in 14 years that we've had problems with water heaters. I'm hoping to have hot water restored today if at all possible.

Well, that's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Limited shop time this weekend because "the list" is way too long, but I did do a little work on the latest tack trunk commission. Otherwise, it was a lot of yard work and the every-popular shopping trim to the home center to get plumbing parts needed to replace the pond pump with the almost mandatory failure to get everything needed. I didn't have any time for equestrian pursuits, but will try to make up for that sometime this week...working three days, but will still try to fit some riding in.

Saturday was also the 9th anniversary of our adoption..."Family Day"...and that was nice.

--

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Completed about 2/3 of an outfeed table for my table saw, just need to design legs and I will be good to go.

OutfeedTableUp.jpg

OutfeedTableDown.jpg

I took the day off Friday and put together a knockdown spray booth.
    Spray Booth.jpg
    Saturday I used it to prime the cast iron parts of a drill press project that's been languishing in my workshop for months. Now I'm looking forward to an opportunity to get the color coats on.
    Chuck Taylor

Saturday was the end of my week in Vancouver so I walked around Stanley Park for awhile before flying to Calgary.

Sunday I worked as we had a 5 hour scheduled utility power outage.

Regards, Rod.

I got the ventless gas fireplace set installed and working. This is the culmination of a pretty nice size project which included running the gas line under the house, re-piping the hot and cold water lines in the laundry so I could install a gas hot water heater. Everything was a challenge. It was nice to sit back and warm my toes.