Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ahh the joy of old age - My procedure

I am 65 and have had several....if you are awake enough you can watch it on color TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    The 18 or so hours leading up to the procedure is not any fun but the procedure itself is a cakewalk. I never can remember a thing about it.
    Exactly. The prep is the tough part. Fortunately, there is a bathroom 10 steps from my workbench.

OTOH - my first go-around, at age 50, revealed a half-dozen polyps he took care of. Test all came back good. 3 procedures later [2 weeks ago], everything still perfect, so I am now on the 5-year plan, rather than the 3-year plan.

You gotta find out what is going on. Critical info. The procedure is nothing, the prep is annoying.

The best part - the proverbial silver lining: After my first test, Doc asks if I have siblings. Yes - 1 older brother and 1 younger sister. He says polyps run in families - make sure they have the procedure - they are susceptible.

I laughed the entire time I was composing my email on all of this - which I did not send to my siblings.....I sent it to their spouses.

I got sarcastic "thanks a lot" emails from both siblings.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

It is funny to me how this thread...and another one in this section called "Moving Unexpectedly"...seem to be staying close to each other in the listing.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    You gotta find out what is going on. Critical info. The procedure is nothing, the prep is annoying.
    Yep. That's it, right there.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

This is a obligatory sidebar to this thread:

http://www.miamiherald.com/living/li...le1928847.html

If you're currently prepping for the procedure, you probably shouldn't read this anywhere other than on the commode.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

I've had two of them. Polyps were found one the first go round, none on the second. A couple of nights before the procedure we had dinner with my dentist buddy and his lovely wife. He asked in what I thought was a very loud voice if I was ready to ride the chrome pony. Thanks Randy.
    P.S. When your wife has her turn do not under any circumstances use that term in reference to the pending visit to the outpatient clinic..
    Teaching grandchildren the hobby is rewarding. Most of the time