Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to find legacy computer parts

I have some old drive also 450 mb, 850 mb, 6 gigs and 20 gig if you need one

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Rocker View Post
    I find it hard to even contemplate a new pc to replace an ancient PB @ $6K. You should be spending no more than $1500 MAX and thats for a very strong gaming grade computer. Sam's has a 12 gig mem I7 Dell ready to use for $900. What is it you need that will cost so much?

Bryan
    He needs to be able to plug in a hardware board that runs on the long obsolete 16 bit ISA bus. Modern computers haven't supported that for 10 years.

They make USB to ISA card adapters so an ISA card can be used with a modern PC. No idea if it would work with the card in question. http://arstech.com/install/ecom-prodshow/usb2isar.html

Scott,
    I have a couple of computers here that I could ship you. The work and I think they have Windows 7 on them. They are both a few years old and I'm willing to ship you one of them if you need one of them. Just PM me and let me know.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock View Post
    Scott,
    I have a couple of computers here that I could ship you. The work and I think they have Windows 7 on them. They are both a few years old and I'm willing to ship you one of them if you need one of them. Just PM me and let me know.
    He needs an old computer in the early pentium or even an old 386 - 486 age I don't have any left but have some hard drives from them.