Thread: Who was it that had the Jet clamps on sale?

Who was it that had the Jet clamps on sale?

Someone posted a link to a sale flyer (Rockler I thought), but I can't find it now. Anyone still have that link?

Justin Pfenning

woodcrafters.com
    sales flyer
    page 7
    top half

Its a factory promotion so any Jet dealer should be offering it.

Got an email from Jet stating their clamps will go on sale at 50% off on Black Friday until Dec 1. Last year they had a similar deal, and inventories went fast.

I have a Rockler flyer which arrived yesterday with a set of Jet clamps for ~$135.

Robert

How are these Jets compared to the Bessey K-body parallel clamps?

I think a lot of people, including myself like like Jets the best. I'll be ordering some for sure.

From what I've been reading here, many prefer the Jets over the Bessys.
    ~Garth

Bessy over Jet. I have both but really prefer the3 Bessey.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakahisa Shinta View Post
    How are these Jets compared to the Bessey K-body parallel clamps?

They are bulky and heavy, and if you're experienced with the clamps more cumbersome with their trigger mechanism (speaking of comparing to the original german k-body clamps).

Back when I bought mine, they were a little cheaper than the k body german clamps. I have about half of each, and really wish I had only the k-body clamps. If someone local wanted to trade, I'd trade plus cash any day of the week to get rid of the jets and replace them with the original K bodies.

I'm not pleased with the new things that are labeled bessey and made all over the place (except not in germany). For some reason about 8 years ago, it seems like there was a contest to try to build more clamps with more fixtures on them and move production of everything to china and squeeze out the western made clamps. Now that the western made clamps are for the most part gone, the price of the jet clamps has flow way up, and unless something has changed, they're probably still chinese (but priced more than the european clamps were).