Thread: Minimax F31 mobile base

Minimax F31 mobile base

I have decided that my jointer needs to be mobile get it where I want it, and to do occasional long stock, and I do not have time to make a base just now. This thing weighs around 800 pounds so any of the universal ones I have seen are a bit on the light side.

Any suggestions?

Hi Larry, doesn't MiniMax make a mobility kit for the machine?

If not I would make my own by drilling two axle holes in the cabinet, putting a couple of 4 inch steel wheels on it and using a tow bar.

It's the best way to make these sort of machines mobile.........Regards, Rod.

I agree with Rod. You want a solution that has that machine "on all fours" on the floor when in operation. The OEM solution from MiniMax and other similar machine manufacturers uses the method he described exactly for that reason...stability when stationary.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks, that was so simple that I just could not see it. Never had a mobile base because I always had a big shop, this small shop stuff is hard.

Thanks gentlemen, Larry

Larry, for some mysterious reason, the factory has never actually offered a mobility kit for the FS30/310/etc. The solution Rod and Jim mentioned is a good one and also, the HTC-3000 universal mobile base fits any of these 30's/310's.

Somebody at the factory must have wised up recently, however. There are now threaded fittings welded into the base of the FS30 Classic, just like the MM-series bandsaws, so folks can thread in Zambus or Great Lakes casters. This is only the current generation of machines, though. Best of luck,

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA