Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Value of saws

Get some baby oil. And make sure you get the baby oil without perfumes, because those stink horribly. Baby oil is just simple mineral oil, and I suppose without agressive ingredients. I also use it on my oil stones. The advantage of baby oil is, you can just ask your wife to buy a bottle in the supermarket, so it doesn't cost you anything.

This thread makes me a bit nervous about the motorcycle engine I revised years ago and put in storage after that. All the inside bits are heavilly coated in new motoroil. I really hope that is enough protection.

Moses, take a look at CRC 3-36. It's just about the best lubricant and corrosion inhibitor going (see Fine Woodworking, issue 227 Jul-Aug 2012.) It's not cheap, but it's worth every penny to protect your tools, IMO. The non-aerosol container is more economical, btw.

I have nothing against baby oil,if you don't mind the scent.

It took some sniffing, but I found an odorless baby oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Kees Heiden View Post
    The advantage of baby oil is, you can just ask your wife to buy a bottle in the supermarket, so it doesn't cost you anything.
    Kees, I like the way you think!

I found an old bottle of baby oil in the cubboard, been around long enough for the plastic to turn yellow. I'm going to give it a try and see how it works.

-Tom

Baby oil it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)