Thread: A big day today

A big day today

Today is the one year anniversary of my dad's burial. We are descending on my mom's house, there will be about 40 people there. Several more items are being sold to the children and I will have an opportunity to buy my dad's razor and shaving brush, plus a slate puller I want. These are all things that hold tons of memories for me. They are not expensive pieces, just worth a lot of sentimental value.

On a different note, last January I was last at the table and my niece Sarah, about 15 years old, said something about me being slow. I told her that logically there was no reason to do anything fast. She began arguing with me about it and I told her I expected a full report the next time we met. Her mother told me recently that she has the report done and is bringing it, so I am looking forward to that as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

Have a great time with your family!
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

Sorry to hear about your father's passing. Many times inexpensive items hold the most memories since the person likely frequently used them. Do you plan to grade the report?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Sorry to hear about your father's passing. Many times inexpensive items hold the most memories since the person likely frequently used them. Do you plan to grade the report?
    He'll probably get to it one of these days.

My late fathers first letter home from the Imjin river battle POW camp and the yellow card notification of his MIA are things that are beyond any financial value to me.
    You did what !