Thread: New Lumber Hauler Gloat

New Lumber Hauler Gloat

Picked up my 95 Ranger Friday night. Saturday I changed the oil, all the filters, and took care of a couple other maintnance items. Didn't need much as it has been well cared for. It has 150K miles, almost all highway as the previous owner drove about 60 miles each way to work. The only thing close to real rust on it is on the bottom of the tailgate. A little time with a wire wheel and some touchup paint will fix that for a while. The interior is fairly clean as well. Picked it up for $2500. Has the 3.0L engine and auto trans.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hot Truck

Nice truck Matt....I got a 94 just like yours cept manual trans. Has 170 K miles on it and still ticking. Darn...hope I didn't just jinx it. Hope yours treats you right.

The only major problem I had with my Ranger was when it caught fire on 911. Seriously, I was working out of town that morning when I heard the terrible news. Since I was close to my daughters college (UNC Chapel Hill) I decided to pick up some buckets of chicken and bring it to the campus chapel where I knew she & a bunch of friends would be gathering. As I was waiting in line to buy the cluck buckets, I smelled something burning...like a leaf pile or hay fire. Then smoke filled the cab and I had to abandon ship. I managed to disconnect the battery & close everything up tight and the fire went out....but caused $ 2,000.00 damage. Daughter ended up rescuing me. (And the chicken) But it was good being aroung family during that time.

Moral of the story...clean out all the leaves and pine needles from around your hood air intake.

Looks good Matt!!!

That's a depreciation beater ....should serve you well....

Nice looking truck, looks like it should be a good hauler for you.

If it has a timing belt & you don't know how many miles it has on it since it was changed, change it now. You should change timing belts every 60,000 miles.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Nice truck Matt. For the price you paid, I'd say you stole it. My dad's got a 4x4 5-speed version of the same year model Ranger, and he's got over 200K miles on it. It's still tight running and handling, and going strong.

- Vaughn