Thread: Can anyone identify this PVC extrusion?

Can anyone identify this PVC extrusion?

I have inherited some 8 foot long strips of white PCV vinyl extrusion and want to identify what they were actually intended for. The width and height both measure about .95". The tip has an "arrowhead" detail which make me think it locks into something but I don't know . . .

I have a project for which I could use some more, but I don't know what I should be asking for. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks to me like it is edging such as you might find on a commercially made laminated table top or shelf. The part that is up in your photo would be driven into a narrow slot cut down the length of the edge of the top. See this.
    Last edited by Dave Richards; 12-02-2014 at 10:11 PM.

Similar stuff is used on some wall panel systems as a trim covering the edges of 2 sections. Friction fit in the gap between the panels.
    same basic idea as the edge banding.

PVC T-Molding, it's made in a variety of sizes. Slot cutters are available for exact fit.

Blog Entries
    It looks like the trim pieces between pairs of double hung vinyl windows.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thanks for all the ideas. It gives me some ideas on which to follow up. Lee, in fact the project I want to use it on is to finsh some PVC windows but I don't have enough to do the job - so I need to figure out what this was intended for.

Yup! This is indeed what it is. You'd trim it after its on for the application, that's why its wide. Say if you laminate a ¾" panel both sides. Use a slot cutter then ether a soft mallet or a plan nailer with a soft head to attach.
    I got cash in my pocket. I got desire in my heart....